With so much of what used to be on the motherboard having been moved directly onto the CPU motherboard launches just aren't what they use to be. That is why the launch of Ivy Bridge-E has not been accompanied by the arrival of a slew of new motherboards. Some companies such as ASUS have done a refresh of existing X79 motherboard lines for the new IB-E processors but not a total revision or new chipset. The X79-Deluxe is a perfect example, based on a mature board but with some new tricks added, as you can see in The Tech Report's review.
"Most motherboard makers are relying on existing LGA2011 models to complement Intel's latest Ivy Bridge-E CPUs. Asus has taken a different approach by rolling its recent innovations into a brand new board: the X79-Deluxe. Join us as we take a closer look at what may be the most advanced X79 board around."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H LGA 1150 @ [H]ard|OCP
- EVGA X79 Dark Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- Asus X79-Deluxe Preview: X79 Meets 2013 @ Kitguru
- ECS L337 GANK Machine Z87H3-A2X Extreme Review @ OCC
- ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME (Intel LGA 1150) @ techPowerUp
- MSI Z87 Xpower review @ Hardware.Info
- ASUS Z87-EXPERT Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H @ FunkyKit