We all spend a lot of time sitting at a PC, perhaps far more than we should from a health standpoint. The biggest casualty of our lifestyle is our spine and the backbone is connected to … all bones; either directly or through the nervous system. Since we are unlikely to follow the health instructions on the bottom of our keyboard and not all of us are willing to sit on a yoga ball all day, regardless of its efficacy a new chair is often a life changer. Herman Miller is a popular brand although as those chairs tend to be worth their weight in gold it is nice to know there are some alternatives out there. The Tech Report has just put up an article covering the Steelcase Leap, a chair almost as expensive as a Herman Miller but perhaps even more effective at reducing back strain. Even if you haven't yet felt the twinges of a developing back problem it might be worth checking this review and thinking about an upgrade for your back.
I personally have spondylolisthesis and would not wish it on my worst enemy.
"This week, TR's Cyril Kowaliski blogs about the Steelcase Leap, a fancy task chair he got to replace his Herman Miller Mirra after developing some upper-back problems."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Apple offers free Mavericks OS X update for Mac users @ The Inquirer
- iPad Air first impressions @ The Inquirer
- Internet Explorer 11 BREAKS Google, Outlook Web Access @ The Register
- Thecus shows new entry-level NAS and talks next-gen firmware @ Hardware.info
- Testing the Security of Your Website – Part 1 @ Hardware Secrets
- Bell Canada To Collect User Data For Advertising @ Slashdot
- FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS: Microsoft faces prising XP from Big Biz @ The Inquirer
- Windows 8.1 rollout: Read this BEFORE you install @ The Register
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Forget Choosing Between 4K or 3×1: Enter NVIDIA’s Surround 4K @ Techgage
- Lenovo sniffing BlackBerry's laundry, may purchase: report @ The Register
- How to Set Up Secure Remote Networking with OpenVPN on Linux, Part 1 @ Linux.com
- A few thoughts on Nvidia's G-Sync @ The Tech Report
- Futuremark PCMark 8 Basic Edition Released @ NGOHQ
- MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2013 live photo coverage @ Hardware.Info
- Win an Astro A50 Wireless headset @ Kitguru
- be quiet! WorldWide Joint Giveaway – Win one Power Zone 1000W PSU, one Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler and two Silent Wings 140mm Fans