There is bad news at The Inquirer for anyone at Microsoft who is still labouring under the delusion than Win 8 + 8.1 will catch on just as soon as people see it in action. Not only does Win7 continue to hold a larger share of the market compared to its metrosexual cousin, Win7's market share is growing faster than Win 8+ 8.1, 0.22% growth compared to 0.05%. When people are willing to pay extra to remove Win8.1 from their shiny new toys and replace it with Win7 it says a lot about the acceptance of the new OS, currently even Vista holds a greater market share than Win 8.1, though Win 8 does have slightly more. You should also take note that as of today there are a mere 126 days before WinXP is no longer supported.
"PC OPERATING SYSTEM FLOGGER Microsoft's Windows 7 still holds more market share than Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 combined."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- All signs point to Kaveri being an evolutionary upgrade @ The Tech Report
- Intel Linux Driver Almost Neck-And-Neck With Windows 8.1 @ Phoronix
- AMD APU On Linux: Gallium3D Can Be 80%+ As Fast As Catalyst @ Phoronix
- That toolbar you downloaded is malware? Tough, read the EULA @ The Register
- Crafting A Liquid Crystal Display @ Hack a Day