AMD's free sync has been getting a lot of well deserved attention at this years CES, Ryan had a chance to see it in action if you haven't checked out his look at AMD's under reported and under utilized feature. AMD missed an opportunity with this technology which NVIDIA picked up on with their G-Sync. NVIDIA has responded to The Tech Report's comments from yesterday, Tom Petersen stated that while free sync may be an alternative on laptops, desktop displays are a different beast. They utilize different connections and there is generally a scaler chip between the GPU and the display. Read his full comments here.
"AMD demoed its "free sync" alternative to G-Sync on laptops. Desktop displays are different, Nvidia says, and they may not support the variable refresh rate tech behind AMD's solution—at least not yet."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Globalfoundries names ex-Motorola CEO as new chief @ DigiTimes
- Micron renews DRAM pricing at Inotera @ DigiTimes
- Intel ditches McAfee brand: 'THANK GOD' shouts McAfee the man @ The Register
- CES 2014 EVGA Visit @ Hardware Asylum
- Shows HyperX PCIe SSD, Fury Memory, microDuo Flash Drive and More @ Legit Reviews