Zalman's new LQ315 liquid CPU cooler will fit just about any modern socket except for LGA775 and sports a compact 38x153x120mm heat exchanger. 11mm OD rubber tubing and a Propylene Glycol based coolant move the heat from your CPU to that exchanger and its single 120mm fan. FrostyTech tried it with two fans and saw some additional improvements but still felt the shape of the exchanger might have been holding back performance somewhat. The performance was decent but FrostyTech prefers the LQ320 to this model.
"Zalman released three water coolers in the hand of PC enthusiasts earlier this year, in this review Frostytech is testing out the LQ315 model – the middle child as it were. The LQ315 ships fully assembled, plumbed and filled with a coolant. It installs onto Intel socket LGA115x/1366/2011 and AMD socket AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2 processors. It uses a 120mm wide aluminum heat exchanger equipped with a single 120mm PWM fan that operates at 2000-900RPM. The pump/waterblock is built around a novel micro-skived copper base plate that is connected to the heat exchanger via a 30cm length of flexible rubber tubing."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Coolermaster Seidon 120V Liquid Cooling System Review @ Frostytech
- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler Review @HiTech Legion
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 CPU Cooler Review @ Madshrimps
- Top 5 Liquid Cooling CPU Heatsinks – At A Glance @ Frostytech
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 @ techPowerUp
- Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935 Case Review @ Legit Reviews
- Cooler Master CM 690 III @ Kitguru
- BitFenix Ronin @ dvhardware
- Cooler Master COSMOS SE Computer Case Review @ Madshrimps