With the ending of Microsoft's Games for Windows Live service many people are understandably worried that they will no longer be able to access games that they have legitimately purchased. Some games, such as BioShock 2 have been made available via Steam and so will continue to be available but there is a long list of other games for with the future is uncertain. The list HEXUS provides is far from complete as many companies have yet to respond to inquiries about the future of their games and for quite a few the only thing we know is that the game is not currently slated to be removed. Check the current list and keep your eyes open for updates.
"We last mentioned the closure of the Games for Windows Live (G4WL) service back in October when we heard about BioShock 2 being updated and the main game and all its DLC being made available upon Steam so it could continue to be enjoyed."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Thief System Specs Sneak Out, Don’t Induce Fear @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Father (Dis)Figure: Octodad – Dadliest Catch Out Jan 30th @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag PC @ eTeknix
- GTA 5 for PC goes up for pre-order, likely will ship on 31 March @ The Inquirer
- StarCraft 2 Custom Maps Now Free For Anyone To Play @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN