The newest member of Microsoft's cloudy version of the world's most common productivity software is called Office 365 Personal and it will provide a single license which can be used on a PC or Mac and one tablet. The subscription will cost less than the current Office 365 Home Premium which allowed up to five devices access but only offered a version of Office dubbed Office Mobile for tablets and phones. This will not be the watered down version of Office that ships with WinRT on Surface and while The Register was provided some hints on what the new software will look like we won't be seeing any demos until closer to the launch which will take place this Spring.
"Microsoft will soon debut a new formulation of its Office 365 subscription service aimed at individual consumers, the company said on Thursday, and in the process it hinted that new, touch-centric Office apps may be coming soon."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Google starts encrypting search data to protect users from NSA snooping @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft gives away Windows Phone 8 licences in India – report @ The Register
- HTC One 2 release date, specs, rumours and price @ The Inquirer
- VLC Player beta arrives for Windows 8 @ The Inquirer
- The real story behind Twin Galaxies @ Kitguru