ROG Series Motherboards
The ASUS ROG series motherboards feature updated aesthetics, integrated features, and ROG-branded applications appealing to their targeted enthusiast and gaming community. The ROG line sticks with its trademark red and black color scheme with red accent LEDs as well as a dual-colored PCB for that added aesthetic edge. Per one of the ASUS marketing higher-ups, this adds what they refer to as an "awesome ROG aesthetic". This year also marks the eighth birthday of the ASUS ROG brand.
Notable ROG-series board features include
- Dual-colored PCB and accent LEDS to really make the heat sinks pop for that "awesome ROG aesthetic"
- Keybot dedicated keyboard controller chip providing advanced key mapping, macro, and smart login capabilities for USB keyboards attached to dedicated rear panel USB port. In testing, ASUS found that the Keybot controller added no additional latency to keystroke transactions.
- Integrated Intel Gigabit network solutions verified with the industry standard IxChariot network testing suite
- Gamefirst III for application-based network packet prioritization with simplified UI controls over previous generation product. Further, this version was developed in-house by ASUS for ASUS ROG motherboards.
- Anti-surge protection built in to network adapters with auto-reset after surge event
- Sonic Sense Amp chipset used to auto-detect headphone impedance settings for optimal in-game sound
- 3D Amp programmable hardware amplifier using pre-defined presets
Maximus VII Ranger motherboard
Maximus VII Gene motherboard integrated into ASUS test system
ROG Windows applications