Final Thoughts and Conclusions
To say we were impressed is an understatement – the Corsair AX1500i Digital has proven itself to be an outstanding power supply! Here are a few of the reasons why:
• The AX1500i is the first PSU we have tested that meets the new 80 Plus Titanium certification standards for high efficiency (and it did it while operating at real-world, elevated temperatures).
• The AX1500i features a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to provide digitally controlled power. This results in very tight voltage regulation – the best we have seen to date. Having a DSP onboard also contributes to high efficiency, low AC ripple/noise, and reliability (reduced component count).
• The AX1500i Digital supports Corsair Link, which allows the end user to monitor and control component parameters like performance, noise (fan speed), and Over Current Protection (OCP) settings. And many other Corsair products also support the Link technology (memory modules, case cooling fans and lighting subsystems, GPU Node for monitoring PCI-E current loads, etc).
• The AX1500i is one of a very few PC power supplies that can deliver 1,500 watts of continuous DC power while operating on a standard 15A, 120 VAC circuit.
Corsair continues to be recognized as an industry leader for bringing a full line of high quality power supplies, memory components, cases, cooling components, SSDs and accessories to market for the PC enthusiast and professional alike. The Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX power supply delivers very clean DC outputs, with outstanding voltage regulation and efficiency. Under light loads the AX1500i runs in silent, fanless mode (up to ~30% load) and continues to be relatively quiet under normal operating conditions. The AX1500i Digital comes with an excellent assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget the built-in self-diagnostic test feature, active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 7-year warranty!
The MSRP for the Corsair AX1500i Digital power supply is $449.99 USD and should be available through Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. Not everyone needs (or can justify) a 1500 watt PSU, but if you do, the AX1500i Digital deserves a very close look!
(Courtesy of Corsair)
• Smart PSU incorporates Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
• Up to 1,500W DC output, rated at 50°C
• Excellent efficiency (80 Plus Titanium certified)
• Outstanding voltage regulation (±1% on the +12V rail)
• Very clean DC outputs with low AC ripple/noise
• Corsair Link software allows monitoring and adjusting component parameters
• Silent fan-less mode during low power operation (below ~30% load)
• Very good build quality with high quality components
• Built-in self-diagnostic test feature
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• Single +12V output up to 125A
• Ten PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Backed by a 7-year warranty
• Corsair Link not supported in Win XP
Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair for sending us the new AX1500i Digital PSU to review – thank you and keep up the good work!