Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new SuperNOVA 850 G2 and 750 G2 power supplies from EVGA offer a rare combination of performance and value. For their two new G2 power supplies, EVGA has partnered with Superflower, which is one of the top OEMs who can go head to head with Seasonic and who EVGA has been using for some of their other higher powered premium power supplies.
Both the SuperNOVA 850 G2 and 750 G2 power supplies exhibited outstanding voltage regulation with low AC ripple, even at full load. The power supplies feature all modular cables and deliver very good efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria. The 850 G2 and 750 G2 PSUs incorporate EVGA’s ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System, which allows the power supplies to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. And last but not least, the two new G2 power supplies are backed by a 10-year warranty (with registration) and are very aggressively priced. Our only minor disappointment was the 850 G2 and 750 G2 power supplies do not support EVGA’s SuperNOVA hardware monitoring and control software.
The new EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 and 750 G2 power supplies should start becoming available in April 2014.
• MSRP for the 750 G2 PSU : $129.99 USD (119.99 after mail-in rebate)
• MSRP for the 850 G2 PSU : $159.99 USD ($149.99 after mail-in rebate)
• 750W or 850W Continuous DC output at 50°C
• 10-Year Warranty (with registration)
• 80PLUS Gold certified, with up to 90% efficiency under typical loads
• Tight voltage regulation (2%), stable power with low AC ripple and noise
• High-quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• Quiet dual-ball bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready
• Intel 4th Generation CPU Ready (Haswell, C6/C7 sleep modes)
• Compliance with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Heavy-duty Protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, and SCP
• Aggressive pricing
• Doesn't support EVGA's SuperNOVA monitoring software
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 and 750 G2 Power Supplies
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 850 G2 and 750 G2 PSUs to review – thanks!