If you were impressed by the low wattage required to run the AMD AM1 Athlon 5350 and are thinking of building a low power system along the lines of the one Josh used in his review Kingston has a product to help you lower that total system voltage a little more. HyperX Genesis LoVo uses only a mere 1.35V to power the 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 kit and their low profile helps if you are building a small sized system. Performance at stock speeds is quite decent, with the possibility of overclocking to add more speed if you desire but these DIMMs are more about power savings than raw power. Check out the full review at Funky Kit.
"Even though higher clocked RAM is great for overclocking and gaming for most computer users, memory at lower clocks is good enough for the general tasks they perform daily. For those users, memory speed is usually less important than capacity so today we wish to present something more regular in the memory's world what is Kingston HyperX Genesis LoVo 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9. As probably some readers already noticed, we can't really call it regular memory as Kingston specified it to run at low voltage of 1.35V … and it's green like most eco-friendly products."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- G.Skill TridentX 32 GB CAS7 F3-1600C7Q-32GTX @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB 1600MHz C10 Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 Memory Series @ Funky Kit
- Avexir Blitz Series 1.1 4GB 1600MHz Memory @ eTeknix
- Funky Kit Review: G.Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3-1866 CL8 @ Funky Kit
- Avexir Core Series MPOWER 2133 MHz CL9 @ Hardwareoverclock
- Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR3-2400 Kit Review @ OCIA
- Team Group Vulcan Gold 2400MHz 8GB Memory Kit @ Kitguru
- Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR3-2800 CL12 @ Funky Kit