Watch_Dogs introduces us to a new game engine called Disrupt and uses NVIDIA's new GameWorks development platform to include HBAO+ as well as TXAA 2X and TXAA 4X. That is not to say that AMD cards cannot run the game but you will need to be running the 14.6 Beta driver the game prefers; Win 8.1 no longer required with the released vesrion. AMD does benefit from its tendency to sport more VRAM as [H]ard|OCP saw some texture loading issues with the GTX 780 Ti and overall preferred the performance of the 290X. Other sites have found rather different results, it is worth keeping an eye out for further investigations on what is happening. You can also feast your eyes on [H]'s gallery of screenshots showing the differences in texture settings.
"We have previewed the performance experienced in Watch Dogs, now it is time to preview image quality and look at some specific image quality differences. We will look at texture quality and the great differences between modes, anti-aliasing, and Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion effects, AKA HBAO."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Wot I Think: Watch Dogs @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Watch Dogs Review @ OCC
- What A Shock: Watch_Dogs Hampered By Uplay Troubles @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Take It To The Bridge: Flagship Is A First-Person Space RTS @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wolfenstein: The New Order … BLAM-BLAM! That guard did Nazi that coming @ The Register
- $44m funding has unlocked Star Citizen: Stellar Cartography Room @ HEXUS