Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Cooler Master’s new Elite 110 mini-ITX case is a welcome addition to the expanding small form factor market. Small size and good looks meet the primary objectives for this type of enclosure while still providing numerous options for incorporating high-end components into your build if desired. The Elite 110 case supports the latest mini-ITX motherboards, mounts a full size ATX power supply, provides room for a dual-slot graphics adapter, and can mount up to three 3.5” HDDs or four 2.5” SSDs. The chassis is both sturdy and light weight, and proved very friendly to work with.
The Elite 110 comes with a very quiet pre-installed 120mm intake fan and offers numerous options for additional air cooling and also supports water-cooling if desired. This case is ideal for anyone seeking to build a basic small form factor PC that uses onboard video, a couple SSDs, and a standard ATX power supply. And if you want to add a dual-slot graphics adapter, more drives and maybe liquid cooling; the Elite 110 is ready but be warned cable management becomes exponentially more difficult as you add hardware. Overall, the Elite 110 chassis was a joy to work with and deserves a very close look if you are in the market for a compact small form factor case.
Note: Cooler Master also offers two additional cases in the Elite Series: the Elite 130 and the Elite 120 Advanced that both support mini-ITX motherboards but with a larger size for more expansion options with enhanced cooling.
The Cooler Master Elite 110 mini-ITX case is currently selling for $49.99 USD (newegg.com, May 2014).
• Compact case with clean styling
• Front mesh grill with vents on both sides and top
• Supports the latest mini-ITX motherboards
• Quiet 120mm intake fan included
• Locations for two optional 80mm case fans
• Support for 120mm radiator liquid-cooling
• Supports full size ATX power supply (up to 180mm deep)
• Supports dual-slot graphics adapter (up to 210mm long)
• Mounts up to three 3.5” HDDs or four 2.5” SSDs
• Two side panel USB 3.0 ports and I/O panel
• Blue LED Cooler Master logo On/Off switch on front panel
• Easy to work with and no sharp metal edges
• Opening on the bottom of the front bezel could let dust in
Cooler Master Elite 110 mini-ITX Case
I would like to thank our friends at Cooler Master for sending us the Elite 110 case to review – thank you!