With E3 2014 in full swing there are a lot of demos and trailers whetting our appetite and if the past is any proof, setting us up for disappointment as release dates move and features get dropped. You can immediately scroll down to the long list below but first you really should take a look at Survios, once called Holodeck and then Prime, which uses an Oculus Rift, Razer Hydra, and PlayStation Move to immerse you in a zombie survival game; literally in first person. The movie showing off the gameplay that Slashdot has linked to doesn't quite do justice to what the game will be like while wearing a Rift but the display behind does intimate just how much fun this style of gaming will be once it begins to mature.
"Ben Lang from Road to VR goes hands on and heads in with virtual reality technology company Survios' newest version of untethered VR system 'Prime 3'. He moves around the virtual space, holding and reloading weapons as you would in real life. 'At one point while playing, I was wielding the shotgun with two hands, with the table of weapons was on my right side. Several zombies were approaching and I needed a bit more fire power. I dropped the shotgun, reached over with my right hand to grab the tommy gun off the table, then virtually tossed it from my right hand to my left hand (because I'm a lefty), then pulled my pistol out of the holster with my right hand and continued to shoot both weapons.'"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Civilization V Officially Available On Linux For SteamOS @ Slashdot
- Humble Bundle: PC and Android 10 Review @ OCC
- Soulier Than Thou: Dragon Age – Inquisition @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Next-Gen Tetronimoes: Ubisoft Announce Tetris Ultimate @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Store Wars: GOG Launching Its Own Steam-Like Service @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- InSomnia Has Old-School RPG Style, Modern Graphics @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Witcher 3 Gets Release Date, Bonkers New Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Doom E3 trailer teases upcoming reveal at QuakeCon 2014 @ HEXUS
- Ubisoft abandoned women assassins in co-op because of the additional work @ Polygon
- A Little More Faith: Mirror’s Edge 2 E3 Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Grapplewatch 2014: Far Cry 4 Gameplay Swings Away @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Beyond Seven Minutes Of Civ: Beyond Earth @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN