The Register visited this years ISS and snapped some pictures of the hardware that was on display. There were a lot of storage solutions being demonstrated like the Silent Brick Library from Fast LTA which offers an alternative to tape archives with the ability to can hold up to 60TB of uncompressed data with 12 bricks in a rack mounted device. Samsung had a brief presentation on 3D V-NAND but did not reveal anything new about their new type of NAND. AMD showed off their new W9100 FirePro and quite a few vendors, Intel included, are increasing their usage of watercooling in racks. Click over to see the latest expensive HPC gear.
"The International Supercomputer Show in Leipzig, Germany, was full of fascinating things at the high-end grunt front of the computing business. Here's what attracted this roving hack's eye."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Memcapacitors could make our computers faster @ Nanotechweb
- Bug In Fire TV Screensaver Tears Through 250 GB Data Cap @ Slashdot
- Samsung/Globalfoundries team reportedly lands 14nm orders from Qualcomm, Apple @ DigiTimes
- Microsoft releases test patch to address Windows 8.1 update woes @ The Inquirer
- Using Android 4.3? Don't let malware snatch your private login keys @ The Register
- ARM tears apart the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live @ The Inquirer
- Third Person Perspective is Guaranteed to Mess With Your Senses @ Hack a Day
- WiME Wi-Watch M5 Smartwatch Review @ TechwareLabs
- Silicon Power Worldwide Joint Giveaway @ NikKTech