A new Catalyst Release Candidate has arrived and as with the previous driver it no longer supports Windows 8.0 or the WDDM 1.2 driver, so upgrade to Win 7 or Win 8.1 before installing please. AMD will eventually release a driver which supports WDDM 1.1 under Win 8.0 for those who do not upgrade.
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 Driver for Windows Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver
- Display interface enhancements to improve 4k monitor performance and reduce flickering.
- Improvements apply to the following products:
- AMD Radeon R9 290 Series
- AMD Radeon R9 270 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- Even with these improvements, cable quality and other system variables can affect 4k performance. AMD recommends using DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2 certified cables with a length of 2m (~6 ft) or less when driving 4K monitors.
- Wildstar: AMD Crossfire profile support
- Lichdom: Single GPU and Multi-GPU performance enhancements
- Watch Dogs: Smoother gameplay on single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC Driver for Windows
- Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC driver
- AMD CrossFire and AMD Radeon Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies
- Assassin's Creed IV – improved CrossFire scaling (3840×2160 High Settings) up to 93%
- Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon graphics cards.
- A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display. Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
- Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC Driver for Windows
- Plants vs. Zombies (Direct3D performance improvements):
- AMD Radeon R9 290X – 1920×1080 Ultra – improves up to 11%
- AMD Radeon R9 290X – 2560×1600 Ultra – improves up to 15%
- AMD Radeon R9 290X CrossFire configuration (3840×2160 Ultra) – 92% scaling
- 3DMark Sky Diver improvements:
- AMD A4-6300 – improves up to 4%
- Enables AMD Dual Graphics/AMD CrossFire support
- Grid Auto Sport: AMD CrossFire profile
- Wildstar: Power Xpress profile
- Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application
- Performance improves up to 24% at 2560×1600 on the AMD Radeon R9 and R7 Series of products for both single GPU and multi-GPU configurations.
- Watch Dogs: AMD CrossFire – Frame pacing improvements
- Battlefield Hardline Beta: AMD CrossFire profile
- Running Watch Dogs with a R9 280X CrossFire configuration may result in the application running in CrossFire software compositing mode
- Enabling Temporal SMAA in a CrossFire configuration when playing Watch Dogs will result in flickering
- AMD CrossFire configurations with AMD Eyefinity enabled will see instability with BattleField 4 or Thief when running Mantle
- Catalyst Install Manager text is covered by Express/Custom radio button text
- Express Uninstall does not remove C:Program Files(AMD or ATI) folder