A Detailed Look at the HAF Stacker 915F Chassis
The Cooler Master HAF Stacker 915F is very similar to the 915F we just looked at on the previous page. The main difference between the two HAF 915 cases is that the power supply is located in the front of the 915F chassis, which makes room in the back for installing a taller tower style CPU cooler, like Cooler Master’s very popular and capable Hyper 212 EVO.
HAF 915R HAF 915F
From the outside the two HAF Stacker 915 cases look nearly identical, until you get to the rear panel. Here is a list of the major differences:
• Power supply located in back: 915R
• Power supply located in front: 915F
• One removable 3.5” drive cage with three trays: 915R
• Two dedicated 3.5”/2.5” drive locations: 915F
• One 92mm intake fan: 915R
• One 120mm exhaust fan: 915F
• CPU cooler height up to 80mm (3.1”): 915R
• CPU cooler height up to 170mm (6.7”): 915F
• Can mount two sets of (3) 120mm or (2) 140mm fans/radiator: 915R
• Can mount one set of (3) 120mm or (2) 140mm fans/radiator: 915F
The 3.5” drive cage is omitted in the 915F to make room for the power supply up front. Two dedicated mounting locations are provided for 3.5”/2.5” devices, one in the middle of the bottom panel and one on a bracket in the middle of the right side. And a third 3.5”/2.5” device location is available in the 5.25” drive bay. Unfortunately, the side mounted HDD bracket in the 915F partially blocks the right side panel so you won’t be able to install a triple or dual fan radiator on that side.
(Courtesy of Cooler Master)
The HAF Stacker 915F case comes with a 120mm Cooler Master labeled exhaust fan pre-installed. There is also a short AC line cord that delivers power from the rear panel receptacle to the front mounted PSU – good attention to the details.
Both of the HAF Stacker 915 series cases are great enclosures when used alone but they can also be stacked into numerous configurations to meet all kinds of applications. The photo below shows two HAF 915R cases stacked on top of one HAF 915F. The versatility offered by the HAF Stacker series could be the foundation for a modders dream.