HGST has refreshed their 12Gbit/s SAS series of Ultrastar SSDs with denser 20nm which has upped the read speeds though the writes do suffer somewhat. As they are enterprise drives they have rather impressive lifespans, the 800GB is rated at 25 full drives writes/day for the length of the 5 year warranty. They also offer encryption and erasure tools that are superior to enthusiast drives, along with a much higher price tag. The Register also offers information on the new Ultrastar HDDs and a link to the spec sheets but as of yet we do not have any benchmarks.
"HGST has refreshed its Ultrastar enterprise SSD line, using denser 20nm NAND to replace the previous 25nm flash, doubling capacity, upping read performance but lowering write performance a tad in the process."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Toshiba THNSNJ HG6 256 GB @ techPowerUp
- Crucial MX100 512GB SSD Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Hynix SH920 128GB SSD @ Kitguru
- Kingston SSDNow V310 960GB SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Silicon Power Slim S60 240GB SSD Review @ NikKTech
- Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB @ eTeknix
- Samsung 845DC PRO @ The SSD Review
- Leef Supra 3.0 and Ice 3.0 16GB Flash Drive Review @ Legit Reviews
- Netgear ReadyNAS 516 @ Legion Hardware
- Synology DS414slim @ techPowerUp
- Thecus N7710-G NAS Server Review @ NikKTech
- Synology Embedded DataStation EDS14 @ Legion Hardware
- Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 6TB Review @ Neoseeker