HP is releasing numerous new systems that will be running the Haswell-EP E5-2600v3, a tower format ML350 and the rack-mount DL360 and DL380 systems as well as a BL460c blade server and two brand new entry level models, the racked DL360e and DL380e. These systems will be optimized heavily to take advantage of a proprietary PCI Express workload accelerator, HP Smartcache, HP DDR4 SmartMemory and Flexfabric adapters. We won't see pricing until the release date of September 8 but until then you can check out the some of the stats at The Register.
"The Gen9 Proliant systems will be made available on 8 September, HP said at the London launch event, and will be based on Intel's upcoming Xeon E5-2600v3 processors, which the chipmaker has yet to release."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- One step closer to ROBOT BUTLERS: Dyson flashes vid of VACUUM SUCKER bot @ The Register
- Microsoft boots 1,500 apps from its Windows Store @ The Inquirer
- Researchers camouflage haxxor traps with fake application traffic @ The Register
- How Big Telecom Smothers Municipal Broadband @ Slashdot
- Right to Repair @ MAKE:Blog