Just over a month ago Lee took a look at Silverstone's Fanless Nightjar PSU, giving it a Gold Award. It has now arrived in [H]ard|OCP's torture chamber so you can see how well it works with a different system. At the lowest load level of 25% of max the efficiency was a mere 89.79% but at 50%, 75% and 100% loads it stayed well above 90% and the temperature difference was 9C between the lowest load and the highest, impressive for a fanless PSU. In the end not only was this the best fanless 500W PSU [H] has tested, it was the overall best 500W PSU they've seen, justifying the high asking price.
"What is more quiet than a computer power supply with a fan? You guessed it, a PSU with no fan. This unit has small footprint builds in mind featuring excellent Platinum efficiency, flexible flat cables, and of course no sound profile to speak of. Does the 520 watt rated SilverStone Nightjar hold up when we put it in the incubator?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- PSU deathmatch: Cooler Master V750 vs. Rosewill Capstone-750-M @ The Tech Report
- EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200 W @ techPowerUp
- Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W Modular @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master V750 Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Be Quiet! Power Zone 750 Watt Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Cooler Master V750 Semi-Modular 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Seasonic SS-760XP2 760W Power Supply Review @ NikKTech
- Seasonic Platinum Series 660W Modular @ eTeknix