Before even looking at the performance the real selling point of the new OCZ ARC 100 is the MSRP, the 240GB and 480GB models are slated to be released at $0.50/GB and will likely follow the usual trend of SSD prices and drop from there. The drives use the Barefoot 3 controller, this one clocked slightly lower than the Vertex 460 but still capable of accelerating encryption. Once The Tech Report set the drive up in their test bed the performance was almost on par with the Vertex 460 and other mid to high end SSDs, especially in comparison to the Crucial MX100.
"OCZ's latest value SSD is priced at just $0.50 per gig, but it hangs with mid-range and even high-end drives in real-world and demanding workloads. It's also backed by an upgraded warranty and some impressive internal reliability data provided by OCZ. We take a closer look:"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD @ Kitguru
- OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- OCZ ARC 100 240GB @ Legion Hardware
- OCZ ARC 100 SSD @ SSD Review
- OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Samsung 845DC EVO 3-bit Toggle MLC and 845DC PRO 3D V-NAND SSDs @ The Register
- Synology DS412+ – Network Attached Storage @ Funky Kit