After three months, two patches, driver updates and many a flamewar, [H]ard|OCP has posted their complete performance review of Watch_Dogs. From the mighty Titan to the much more reasonably priced R9 270 almost a dozen cards performance is tested on this much hyped game. The high end cards were paired and tested in 4k resolution with the R9 290X CrossFire setup coming out on top and holding that lead when tested in single GPU configurations at 2560×1600. Indeed even at 1080p AMD was able to provide higher quality settings with an acceptable price in performance. Read the full review to see the visual effects of the various graphics settings as well as the preferred cards at the various resolutions.
After the podcast tonight, or indeed just about any night, you can find some of the Fragging Frogs online playing a variety of games. If you haven't checked them out yet you can learn all you need to know about joining up with one of the most fun group of gamers online right here.
"We published a preview of Watch Dogs performance when it was released back in May this year. We have given this game time to mature. Now that a couple of game patches have been released, along with newer drivers from NVIDIA and AMD, it is time for our full performance and image quality comparison review."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Claptrap Gameplay Video @ [H]ard|OCP
- Risen 5-Years Later Review @ OCC
- Oculus Rift and STEMs make the ultimate lightsaber game possible @ Geek.com
- Presenting Exhibit A In The Witcher 3 Trial @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hands On: Dead Island 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- GPU App Showdown: AMD Gaming Evolved vs Nvidia GeForce Experience @ eTeknix