The Tech Report have compiled the data from their survey of readers machines and the data is now posted in this article. You can see how your build compares to the major trends that they observed, from the number and type of monitors that you use to the amount of RAM you have installed. The most interesting page covers the odd facts which were revealed such as the overwhelming predominance of ATX boards and cases that are being used despite the fact that 75% of respondents having only a single card installed in their systems. It is also interesting to note a mere 10% of those responding use more than one GPU. Check out the findings here.
"Typical PC enthusiasts may spend more on their PCs than you might think—and by the looks of it, their taste for high-end hardware isn't just limited to core components. Those are two of the main takeaways from the TR Hardware Survey 2014, in which we invited readers to answer 26 questions about their PCs. Around 4,000 of you participated over a period of about a week and a half, and the results paint an enlightening picture of current trends in the hobbyist PC realm. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Cloudflare rolls out free universal SSL encryption to all users @ The Inquirer
- Ineffective Shellshock fix means hackers are still exploiting vulnerability @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors @ DigiTimes
- Android smartphone vendors speeding up migration to 64-bit architecture @ DigiTimes
- BlackBerry slowly pulls out of power dive into toilet @ The Register
- HP offers 64-bit ARM processors for Moonshot servers @ The Inquirer
- Nvidia: We will focus on G-Sync, not Adaptive-Sync @ Kitguru
- Vendors stop developing touchscreen notebooks @ DigiTimes
- Unchanging Unicorn: Don't be disappointed with Ubuntu 14.10, be happy @ The Register
Can I get one that says
Can I get one that says something like:
“I’m sick to death of doing surveys.”
Based on the survey, most
Based on the survey, most people have 1080p displays (like me). Can you please include this resolution for your future GPU reviews. I noticed it was missing in your GTX 980970 review. 60 FPS is not the ceiling for those of us with 120hz144hz panels. Also, comparing current gen cards with the previous 2 generation of cards (780770 & 680670) would also be nice as I don’t upgrade GPUs every generation. SLI is nice to have, but not mainstream (also revealed in the survey).
Great site, keep up the good work!
It would be interesting to so
It would be interesting to so a similar survey on pc-per, see how they compare.