Before even delving into the specifications there are two very attractive features about the Corsair HX1000i modular PSU, it has an 80 Plus Platinum rating and a 7 year warranty. The 12V rail is capable of delivering 999.6W @ 83.3A and once a small bug in Corsair Link is solved you can actually program the PSU to either provide a single 12V rail or multiple rails. With eight 6+2 PCIe power connectors you can power even the most demanding of video cards and the dozen SATA power connectors also make it perfect for those with a storage fetish. At $230 it is not that expensive for a PSU of this power and one of TechPowerUp's favourite things about the PSU was the quiet performance even under load. Check out the review to get the full picture.
"Corsair just introduced the new HXi series, comprised of members with Platinum efficiency and full compatibility with the Corsair Link software. Today, we will take a look at the second-strongest unit of the line with 1 kW capacity, ideal for a power-hungry system with up to four VGAs."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 800W Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 600W @ Kitguru
- Antec Edge 650W Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Antec EDGE 550W Power Supply Review @ NikKTech
- XFX TS650 650W Non-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- XFX PRO 1250W Black Edition Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- XFX XTS 460W Passive Fully Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- DeepCool Quanta DQ1250 1250W Power Supply Review @ NikKTech
- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Update