Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new SuperNOVA 1000 P2 and 1200 P2 power supplies from EVGA continue to offer a rare combination of performance and value. Once again, EVGA has partnered with Super Flower, which is one of the top OEMs, to produce the two new P2 models. This combination is proving hard to beat with outstanding performance across the board along with very aggressive pricing.
The SuperNOVA 1200 P2 power supply exhibited outstanding voltage regulation with very low AC ripple, even at full load. The power supply features all modular cables and delivers very good efficiency, meeting the 80Plus Platinum criteria. The 1200 P2 PSU incorporates EVGA’s ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System, which allows the power supply to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. And last but not least, the two new P2 power supplies are backed by a 10-year warranty (with registration). Our only minor disappointment was the new power supplies do not support EVGA’s SuperNOVA hardware monitoring and control software.
The new EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 and 1200 P2 power supplies are currently available and shipping.
• MSRP for the 1000 P2 PSU : $219.99 USD ($181.99 after mail-in rebate, Amazon.com)
• MSRP for the 1200 P2 PSU : $269.99 USD ($225.99 after mail-in rebate, Amazon.com)
• 1,200W Continuous DC output at 50°C
• 10-Year Warranty (with registration)
• 80PLUS Platinum certified, with up to 92~94% efficiency under typical loads
• Tight voltage regulation (2%), stable power with low AC ripple and noise
• High-quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• Dual-ball bearing fan for reliability and quiet operation
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready
• Intel 4th Generation CPU Ready (Haswell, C6/C7 sleep modes)
• Compliance with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Heavy-duty Protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, and SCP
• Works with EVGA G2/P2 individually sleeved cable sets in four colors
• Aggressive pricing
• Doesn't support EVGA's SuperNOVA monitoring software
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Platinum Power Supply
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 1200 P2 PSU to review – thanks!