The Register has linked to two videos which purportedly capture Windows 9, or at least Build 9834, in action and revealing some not so new tricks. The first shows a feature which will be new to anyone who has never used Linux but will be old hat to anyone who has, multiple desktops. This feature will let you have separate switchable desktops which you can run different programs on, it is not a tool to create virtual machines on the fly but is handy if you need a full desktop for development and one for … entertainment. The second video shows off the Start Menu, tiles and the much improved placement of the power off button.
"New videos of a "Windows 9" variant have emerged, and to this hack's eyes they look to have brought Windows up to speed with tricks that various desktop flavours of Unix have had for a decade or more."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- As three million comment on net neutrality, the FCC adjusts its plans @ The Inquirer
- Apple Watch to come with AMOLED panels from LG Display @ DigiTimes
- Red Hat releases RHEL 5.11, the last minor release of Linux distribution @ The Inquirer
- COMPRO TN1600P Cloud Network Camera Review @ NikKTech
- Win An Incredible Enermax “Ahead of the Game” Upgrade Bundle @ eTeknix