The colours of the Noctua Industrial PPC family of fans are familiar but these 8 fans have some serious tricks up their sleeves. While most fans focus on the amount of air they can move and how quietly they can manage that feat these fans are also rated on how harsh the conditions can be while they can maintain full functionality. For instance the IP67 fans will operate perfectly even when submerged in water to a depth of 1m and provide complete protection against dust if used in air. While it is unlikely your computer will function when submerged there are builds which could take advantage of the ability to move water around. Generally these fans are intended for use cooling systems that reside in industrial plants and other harsh conditions but it is nice to know you can pick up fans specifically designed to operate in very dusty or wet environments. Check out the review at Modders Inc if the idea of having a ruggedized cooling system appeals to you.
"The Noctua Industrial PPC line packaging is similarly Spartan like the new Noctua Redux line, packed without extras such as adapters, splitters and alternate mounting options but comes with a 4-piece screw mounting kit."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Noctua iPPC and redux Fan Roundup @ Neoseeker
- Lepa LV12 CPU Cooler Review @ HiTech Legion
- Silverstone AR06 Cooler @ HardwareHeaven
- Scythe Mugen Max Review @ OCC
- Thermaltake NiC L32 Non-Interference CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Computer Case Review @ Modders-Inc
- SilentiumPC Aquarius X90 Pure Black @ techPowerUp
- BitFenix Pandora @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Carbide Air 240 mATX Case Review @ Legit Reviews
- Another SPCR recommended article update – Case Basic & Recommendations
- Raijintek Agos Mid-Tower @ eTeknix