The Corsair Voyager Air 2 is the second iteration of wireless drive, this years model coming with a 1TB drive, a totally redesigned shell and a $20 drop in price. Legit Reviews warns that while the price drop is appreciated it no longer comes with the charging kit which will cost you extra. It supports USB 3.0 and 802.11 b/g/n transfers as well as Internet passthrough, keep in mind that WiFi is disabled once the USB plug is connected. The overall speeds were in line with what was expected and the battery life is impressive for 720p streaming, though 1080p streaming drains it much more quickly. See the Voyager in action right here.
"Last year we took a look at Corsair’s first wireless hard drive, called Voyager Air, which was a very sleek and impressive unit that we really liked. Today, we’re going to take a look at the more recently revamped version, conveniently called Voyager Air 2. We’ll take a look and see what this drive all has to offer and if there is anything new brought to the table."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- RAIDON Runner GR2660 SSD/HDD RAID Enclosure @ Kitguru
- Silicon Power Stream S03 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive Review @ NikKTech
- QNAP TS-251 High Performance NAS for SOHO and Home Users Review @ Madshrimps
- Team Group Micro SDHC UHS-1 U3 32GB Review @ Madshrimps
- SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Corsair Force LX 256GB @ eTeknix
- Kingston SM2280S3 M.2 SATA 120 GiB SSD Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Kingston SM2280S3 M.2 SATA SSD @ The SSD Review