It seems that Ancient Space is not quite living up to the hype surrounding the cast of Sci-Fi stars and Homeworld like appearance. From what Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN found the story was lacklustre even with recognizable voices and while the gameplay was enjoyable it was lacking that brilliance which made Homeworld so memorable. It is a beautiful game and it does actually have some new features like Captains which can be swapped to give different buffs to your ships but overall they were a bit let down. You can grab it on Steam but you might want to consider some of the Homeworld and Homeworld 2 mods to tide you over until the remastered versions are released.
If you do find a mod you like you might be able to talk one or more of the Fragging Frogs into playing a game with you, otherwise keep an eye on their Forum for the games they will be playing this week.
"That’s not to say Ancient Space is a terrible game: it’s actually not ever bad in any dramatic sense, it just doesn’t do anything particularly exciting. It’s disappointing. Beautiful, but disappointing. There’s your three word summary."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Survival Strategy: Total War – Attila Announced @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Metro Redux Review @ OCC
- Interview: Gearbox On Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Plague Spreads: Pathologic Remake Hits Funding Goal @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think (So Far): Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Civilization Beyond Earth: 200 Turns On The Final Frontier @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN