The Gamer Storm Maelstrom 240 has a unique look with its LED and bright red fans but also hides a pump with a closed impeller which is intended to increase the performance at the same time as it reduces vibrations. As the name implies the radiator roughly 240mm in size, 274 x 120 x 27mm to be exact with 0.2mm high-density water micro channels. HiTech Legion tested it against a variety of coolers and found the performance to be similar to the competitions, though unfortunately at a much higher price point. However it was almost silent in operation and the fans could be run on low speed without effecting the performance so for those who have a strong desire for a silent system might be willing to pay the $106 MSRP.
"Deep Cool has done this with their first liquid CPU cooler, the Gamer Storm Maelstrom 240 AIO Liquid Cooling. Do we see the force of a Maelstrom being represented? You be the judge. They use a unique pump with closed impeller to offer more power, less vibration, and lower noise as a result."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- SilverStone SST-AR06 Low-profile CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- Silverstone Fortress FT05 @ Benchmark Reviews
- BitFenix Shadow Mid-Tower @ eTeknix
- Fractal Design Core 3300 @ eTeknix
- Fractal Design Core 3300 @ techPowerUp
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Review: Kitguru TV
- Raijintek Arcadia Mid-Tower Chassis @ eTeknix
- DeepCool Steam Castle Micro ATX Chassis Review @ NikKTech