Hardware Heaven just put up a quick overview of the new MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with the GTX 970M, i7-4710HQ, 16GB of DDR3-1600, a pair of Toshiba m.2 SSDs in RAID0 and a 1TB HDD. The screen is 17.3" at 1920×1080 and for those using this as a desktop replacement the HDMI and two mini-DisplayPort connections will allow 4K or triple display setups. It is less than 2cm thick but thanks to the all metal design it should not bend as much as certain other recently released mobile devices. The benchmarks of a variety of games showed the i7-4710HQ to perform similarly to the i7-4800MQ but the real star was the 970M; check it out here.
To really delve deep into this new mobile GPU check out Ryan's review.
"Last week NVIDIA launched their latest mobile GPU, based on their Maxwell architecture which powers the likes of their high end GTX 980. Today in our MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Review (GS70 2QE) we take a look at a laptop which uses the new GTX 970M in games such as Alien Isolation and The Enemy Within."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 3K 2QE @ Kitguru
- Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro @ The Inquirer
- Up close and personal with the MSI GT72 Gaming Laptop @ Kitguru
- The Xiaomi Mi Power Bank (10400 mAh) Teardown @ Tech ARP
- Elephone G3 Smartphone Review @ Madshrimps
- iPhone 6 @ The Inquirer
- ASUS ZenFone 5 Smartphone Review @ Hardware Secrets