Gigabyte's X99-UD4 is going with a more aesthetically clean design than other X99 boards have been sporting, although it does have a 30-µm gold layer on the CPU socket, DIMM slots, and PCIe x16 slots so don't think they skipped out on the design. Cooper Bussmann chokes and solid-state capacitors as well as International Rectifier's PowIRstage all-digital circuitry explain both the high power efficiency and smooth overclock settings that The Tech Report found when benchmarking this board. However if you really want to see the most impressive feature on this board you have to head over and watch the video on the first page of the review.
"Buying into Intel's high-end desktop platform doesn't have to be exorbitantly expensive. Gigabyte's X99-UD4 motherboard offers an affordable path to Haswell-E, and it doesn't skimp on quality hardware or extra perks. We've taken a closer look at the board to see if the rest of it measures up."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI X99S XPower AC @ [H]ard|OCP
- EVGA X99 Classified motherboard @ Bjorn3d
- Kitguru TV: Which Gigabyte X99 board to choose?
- MSI X99S Xpower AC @ Bjorn3D
- ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- GIGABYTE GA-X99-Gaming G1 WiFi Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS X99-DELUXE Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS X99 DELUXE (Intel LGA 2011-3) @ techPowerUp
- ASRock X99 OC Formula @ Kitguru
- ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Biostar A68N-5000 Motherboard Overview and Review @HiTech Legion
- Biostar A68N-5000 @ Hardware Heaven