Techgage has an assortment of Icy Dock products that they examined to make up this review. The ICY CUBE MB561U3S-4S is a 4-bay external drive enclosure, which will take all of the installed drives and create a single volume out of them. This happens automatically, there are no other RAID options available when you use this particular dock but it does simplify the setup process. The MB662U3-2S is a two bay enclosure which offers more choices for setup, you can set the drives to Large, JBOD, RAID 1 or RAID 0. If you just have a single drive, they also have an external 3.5” SATA HDD enclosure and finally two HDD caddies which slide into a 5.25" drive bay. The first can be set up to fit a pair of 2.5" drives and the second is for hotswapping. Check them out if you are in need of storage accessories.
"It has been quite some time since we have looked to see what ICY DOCK has been up to. This is a company that established its reputation by making some very good hard drive accessories through the years. In this article we are going to take a look at several offerings from the company – from mobile to desktop. Let’s see what it has to offer."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- IronKey Workspace W700 Secure Flash Drive @ The SSD Review
- Synology DS415+ NAS @ HardwareHeaven
- Thecus N2310 @ Legion Hardware
- QNAP SilentNAS HS-251 2-Bay NAS @ eTeknix
- QNAP TS-451 Turbo NAS Server @ Benchmark Reviews
- Synology DiskStation DS415+ @ Legion Hardware
- Thecus N7710-G 7-Bay NAS with 10 GbE @ Silent PC Review
- Kingston M.2 2280 SATA 120GB SSD Review @ Hardware Canucks
- OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD Review @HiTech Legion
- Micron M600 mSATA @ The SSD Review