The Tech Report have put together a collection of what they have found to be the most interesting mobile devices you can get your hands on for yourself or to give to others. With the new Broadwell based Core-M available they've recommended a few convertible laptops for your gifting needs in addition to more traditional style laptops including a very inexpensive Bay Trail powered model. If you would rather a device which is neither fish nor fowl then their four tablet recommendations which includes NVIDIA's Shield or the recommended phablets would intrigue you more than a convertible laptop. In keeping with their tradition, no one is recommended to injure themselves or others with the purchase of a Chromebook thanks to the continued draconian limitations on application support on these ChromeOS powered devices.
"Quite a lot has changed since we spun off the mobile section of the TR System Guide into our first mobile staff picks. In just five months, we've seen the arrival of the Core M, Android 5.0, iOS 8.0, and a fresh batch of Nexus hardware and iDevices. All of this calls for a new edition."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop @ The Register
- DerpTrolling hacker group leaks thousands of PSN, Windows Live log-ins @ The Inquirer
- Azure TITSUP caused by INFINITE LOOP @ The Register
- Asus RT-AC87U 4×4 (Bridge Mode) @ Kitguru
- As Insomnia i53 kicks off explore its origins with Craig Fletcher: KitGuru TV