Somewhere the highly successful company RIM released BES 11 which runs on Windows 9, but not in this universe. In this brane we have the struggling, but still alive Blackberry announcing the upcoming release of BES 12, a mobile device management server which will manage Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry devices for enterprise. The most interesting feature that was mentioned to The Register are virtual phone numbers, a company owned phone number can be added to an employees personal device, allowing them to keep their personal number and still receive business calls without needing a second device. All the billing used by the business number is billed to the business while data and voice used under the users account is billed to their plan. There are some obvious challenges to this service, you would need the same provider and the device would need to support Blackberry Balance, Android Fort Knox or similar partitioning software but is something which could interest small businesses. You can catch up on the other features in the BES and news about some new devices right here.
"Turnaround artiste John Chen marked one year as BlackBerry boss with an avalanche of enterprise software news related to the firm's new BES12 server, which can manage enterprise mobe devices running Android, iOS, Windows Phone – and of course, BB's own mobile OS."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- How to Easily Install Ubuntu on Chromebook with Crouton @ Linux.com
- Bridging Networks With The Flip Of A Switch @ Hack a Day
- Mastercard and Visa to ERADICATE password authentication @ The Register
- Tor users can be deduced with 81 percent accuracy, says report @ The Inquirer
- NikKTech & Be Quiet ! Worldwide Giveaway
- Tech ARP 2014 Mega Giveaway Contest