Sick of the standard laptop screen resolution of 1366×768, especially on a laptop with a 17" screen? The Register has collected five laptops which have a 1080p resolution, several of which feature touchscreen capabilities for use with Win 8.1 and range in screen size up to 17.3". There is a variety of quality, the lower cost HP notebook does not feature an IPS display and so is not as sharp as some other models but then again it is not as expensive as the other models either. There is not much in the way of benchmarks but it is not too hard to estimate performance based on the components which are inside these laptops as they are common among the current generation of laptops. This review focuses on the screen, much like your eyes do.
"For the more discerning eye, that’s just not enough, and while we’ll be looking at the more expensive HiDPI laptops soon, full HD laptops are certainly more affordable these days, especially if you’re prepared to trade having a high-performance CPU or a speedy solid-state drive for a crisper, higher resolution image instead."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Silverstone Noble Breeze NB05 Notebook Cooler @ eTeknix
- Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Tablet Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Nvidia Shield Tablet Android 5.0 Lollipop @ eTeknix
- What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone… and why it WON'T set the world alight @ The Register
- Hudl 2 @ The Inquirer
- Moto 360 smartwatch @ The Inquirer
- SuperTooth HD VOICE In-Car Speakerphone Review @ NikKTech