James Clifford started his career at Unisys Corporation, working his way up to VP & GM of Orange County Operations during over 20 years at that company, essentially handling their global sourcing and foundry needs. From there he moved to Qualcomm and again spent quite a bit of time, almost 18 years, serving in a variety of leadership roles and ending his time there as the Senior VP & GM of Operations. He then headed to RF Micro Devices, Inc for a brief time before joining AMD today in the role of Senior VP of Global Operations and reporting directly to Dr. Lisa Su according to the story at DigiTimes. This is an exciting move for AMD, hopefully his significant experience in the semiconductor industry will help move AMD forward over the coming years and help them regain their share of the marketplace.
"AMD has announced James Clifford has joined the company as senior vice president of Global Operations, reporting to president and CEO Lisa Su. Clifford will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of AMD's end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain strategy."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft whips out real-time translator for Skype calls @ The Register
- Four tuner frenzy: The all-you-can-EEat TV Freeview PVR @ The Register
- HGST buys cloud server flash startup Skyera @ The Inquirer
- LG will use quantum dot technology for better TV display colours @ The Inquirer
- Gigabyte Motherboard Evolution and Changing Overclocking Competitions @ Hardware Asylum