Dell's Venue 8 7000-series Android tablet has been previewed for some time with my first hands on coming at the Intel Developer Forum this past September. The specifications are pretty straight forward.
- Intel Atom Z3580 Quad-Core processor (Burst clock of 2.33 GHz)
- 2GB of LP-DDR3
- 16GB of on board storage (expandable to 64GB via SD)
- 8.4-in 2560×1600 OLED screen
- Up to 8 hours of battery life
- Android 4.4.4
- Intel RealSense 3D Camera
But the appeal of the tablet is in the beauty of the design. The screen resolution makes images and text crisp and clear and the bezel is incredibly small, giving the appearance of an edge-to-edge screen design. It weighs less than 11 oz (305g) and is 6mm thick.
The Venue 8 7000 will be shipping today (and is already showing up for sale at some retailers) for $399. We are working with Dell to get a sample unit of this engineering showcase.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!