Philips is showing a new 34-inch, 21:9 monitor at this year's CES, and the ultra-wide monitor will feature a curved IPS panel with 3440×1440 resolution.
The BDM3490UC monitor has a 60 Hz IPS panel with a native response time of 14 ms, though this can be adjusted down to 5 ms using the "SmartResponse" control. This model also features MultiView technology which enables two active connections to be used simultaneously, allowing multiple devices to share the screen.
- Panel Type: AH-IPS
- Backlight: W-LED
- Panel Size: 34.1"
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 @ 60 Hz
- Response time (typical): 14 ms (Grey to Grey)
- SmartResponse (typical) 5 ms (Grey to Grey)
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
- Viewing angle: 178° (H) x 178° (V) @ C/R > 10
- Display colors: 1.07 billion colors (8-bits + FRC)
- Display inputs: DisplayPort 1.2 x 1, HDMI 2.0 x 1, HDMI 1.4 (w/MHL) x 1, HDMI 1.4 x 1
- USB: USB 3.0 x4 (1 with BC 1.2 Fast Charging)
- Audio in/out: PC audio in, headphone out
- Built-in speakers: 7 W x2 with DTS sound
- Tilt: -5/20 degree
- Power supply: External
- Color: Black
No word on pricing or availability just yet.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!