The closed beta for the Office Suite is over and now anyone with an ARM powered Android device running versions 4.x or 5.x can install the non-pared down version Office for Android though you want to make sure your device is between 7" to 10". This is somewhat sad news as it deflates the dreams of those hoping to use NVIDIA's Shield as a desktop replacement and also excludes the new and more powerful Bay Trail tablets. Office on Android is still in beta so this is not a final product and the support for processors may expand as the we approach release, with no firm date for the final release there is reason to expect support could expand to Bay Trail at the least. There is also no price although as The Inquirer points out, the iPad version is free to use.
"MICROSOFT HAS ANNOUNCED the expansion of its beta programme for Android tablet versions of its Office productivity suite."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Micron stacks its 3D NAND high in 2015 @ The Register
- Lenovo: We now OWN IBM's shrinking Euro server biz. It's OURS! @ The Register
- With Forge TV, Razer aims to bring PC gaming to the living room @ The Tech Report
- Syber invades living room with gaming PCs, in-home streaming prototype @ The Tech Report
- Cherry's RealKey tech promises uber-responsive, ghost-free keyboards @ The Tech Report
- Intel's Compute Stick is a $149 Windows PC to go @ The Tech Report