Ah the sweet days of exploring Skara Brae on an Apple ][e, trying to figure out how to make it down a street or corridor without being teleported back to where you started and trying to figure out if you want to promote your magic user to a sorcerer or wizard. InXile, the same company that brought Wasteland into the modern era will now be working to bring back The Bard's Tale. This will hopefully be a much better implementation than UbiSoft's disappointing Might & Magic X: Legacy, the change from Wasteland to Wasteland 2 is vast but has been well done. Check out Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN for more and watch the fall of Baron Harkyn and his four groups of 99 berserkers below.
"Brian Fargo and the inXile team’s next project will be another revival of an Interplay oldie. Following the success of Wasteland 2, the studio is now turning its attention to The Bard’s Tale, the fantasy dungeon crawling series last seen in 1988."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- I’m A Lover, Not A Fighter: 3 Hours With The Witcher 3 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think: Grim Fandango Remastered @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Unreal Engine 4 tech demo shows ultra-realistic apartment interior @ HEXUS
- EA's Need for Speed: No Limits has petrol as an in-app-purchase @ HEXUS
- Shock: Levine’s New Game Is Open Worldish Sci-Fiish RPG @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN