If you have an entertainment system in your car, why not go whole hog and upgrade it with a specially designed Super Talent DuraDrive AT7 SSD. Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find one as they will generally be sold directly to the auto manufacturers but The SSD Review's look at it is interesting because it is the first look at Silicon Motion's new SM2246EN 6Gbps 4 channel controller. The ATTO results when connected to an X99 motherboard were impressive, peaking at 554MB/s read and 446MB/s write. It will be interesting to see which manufacturers install this in their vehicles and what usage scenarios would require this kind of throughput.
"Every now and then, we are fortunate to have SSDs reach our bench that one might not normally find within every day PC systems or servers. Our review today of the Super Talent DuraDrive AT7 SSD is just that; a SSD fully intended for the automobile industry, and more specifically In-vehicle Infotainment Systems."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Transcend MTS800 128GB M.2 SSD Review @HiTech Legion
- Plextor M6e Black Edition 256GB PCIe SSD @ Custom PC Review
- Micron M600 256GB @ Kitguru
- Silicon Power Jewel J06 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review @ NikKTech
- D My Cloud 3 TB Network HDD Review @ Hardware Secrets