The sample size for the tests at KitGuru to see how well the OCZ ARC 100 SSDs stand up to their warranty are only five drives, now four as one has failed. The ARC 100 is rated for 20GB/day of host writes for 3 years, a total of 21.9TB and this one made it to about 322TB of writes before succumbing to errors. The other four are still going strong which lends credence to the claimed improvements that the Toshiba owned OCZ has made with their new SSD controllers. Even if you do suffer the death of a drive during the warranty period of three years the new hassle free ShieldPlus Warranty makes it very easy for you to get a replacement.
"The drives all passed the warranty figure of 300TB on 3rd February 2015 – but one of them has just failed with 322TB showing before failure."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Patriot Ignite SSD Review (480GB) – Asynch Flash Takes On a Whole New Look @ The SSD Review
- Crucial MX200 500GB & 1TB SSD Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Plextor M6e Black Edition PCIe 256GB SSD @ eTeknix
- ADATA Premier Pro SP900 M.2 6Gbps SSD @ The SSD Review
- Synology DiskStation BeyondCloud Preconfigured NAS Review @ Techgage
- QNAP TurboNAS TS-431 NAS Server Review @ NikKTech
- Silicon Power Mobile X31 OTG USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review @ Madshrimps
- Inateck HB3001G OTG 3-Port USB Hub and Card Reader @ eTeknix