Make sure to visit your UEFI after installing Crucial's Ballistix Elite DIMMs' as this 16GB kit defaults to the JEDEC profile of DDR4-2400 @ 16-16-16-39. One quick click later to XMP and you will hit the advertised DDR4-2666 16-17-17-36. This kit ships with the Crucial Ballistix M.O.D. utility to give you temperature readings in real time, see exactly what frequencies and timings you are running at in Windows and for those kits which sport LEDs, the ability to program a lightshow. Hardware Canucks spend some time overclocking this kit and found the best performance to be with DDR4-2750 @ 12-12-12-26-1T. It is a good kit of DDR4 but remember it will cost you, in this case about $335.
"Enthusiasts have been waiting for Crucial's Ballistix Elite to hit the market and it is everything we could have wanted; overclocking headroom, performance and a lifetime warranty…it's all here."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2666 @ HardwareHeaven
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Review @ Neoseeker
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 16GB Memory Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ADATA XPG Z1 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 @ Kitguru
- G.Skill RipJaws 4 16GB DDR4 2800MHz Memory Kit Review @ Neoseeker