Ryan just polished off his review of the next generation of Intel NUC, the Broadwell powered NUC5i5RYK in both video and written form but perhaps you still have some questions. If so, or if you are wise enough to prefer a second opinion then you should make time to visit The Tech Report who also received a unit for review. They covered the performance of several indie games, which ran quite well as well as CS:GO which could handle 1600×900 at medium settings. Their conclusion matched Ryan's, not only is this a great HTPC and light gaming machine but for most office purposes this is a perfect solution to present to your users.
"Thanks to the Broadwell-U silicon inside, Intel's new NUC promises better performance and power efficiency than the previous generation. There are other improvements under the hood, too, including the addition of an M.2 storage slot and a built-in Wi-Fi controller."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- SteamBox – Building Your Own HTPC Gaming System @ eTeknix
- Chillblast Fusion Raptor Gaming PC @ Kitguru
- ASRock Vision X 471D Mini PC @ Kitguru
- ASUS Republic of Gamers G20 Gaming PC Review @ Techgage
- Shuttle XH97V w/ Pentium G3258 @ techPowerUp