There will be no Server 2015 release but sometime later in the year a preview version will be released for those wishing to have a peek at the new OS. We will see an update to SCCM arrive at roughly the same time as Windows 10 is released which will add support for managing Win10 machines and images and will allow a lot of sysadmins to sleep easier at night. The expected new features for the new server OS include the Docker image file format and containerization allowing you to run multiple programs on the same machine which are completely separated from each other and will be new to the Windows environment. Check out a short list of other features and a link to a more indepth look at the new containerization features expected from the new server OS at The Register.
"While it's looking like the final version of Windows 10 for client PCs could ship before the end of the year, it seems data center admins needn't hold their breaths. Microsoft confirmed on Friday that the next version of Windows Server won't arrive until 2016."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Systemd Getting UEFI Boot Loader @ Slashdot
- Intel brings Broadwell to businesses with 5th-gen Core chips with vPro @ The Register
- Raspberry Pi 2 hands-on review video @ The Inquirer
- Trouble comes in threes: Yet ANOTHER Flash 0-day vuln patch looming @ The Register
- Outlook for iOS branded a 'security nightmare' @ The Inquirer
- Ugly, incomplete, buggy: Windows 10 faces a sprint to the finish @ The Register
- TP-Link AV500 2-Port Powerline Network Adapter Kit @ Kitguru
- Microsoft to invest in Android firmware upstart Cyanogen @ The Register
- AEROCOOL Pimp My Rig Competition @ Kitguru