There will be no Server 2015 release but sometime later in the year a preview version will be released for those wishing to have a peek at the new OS. We will see an update to SCCM arrive at roughly the same time as Windows 10 is released which will add support for managing Win10 machines and images and will allow a lot of sysadmins to sleep easier at night. The expected new features for the new server OS include the Docker image file format and containerization allowing you to run multiple programs on the same machine which are completely separated from each other and will be new to the Windows environment. Check out a short list of other features and a link to a more indepth look at the new containerization features expected from the new server OS at The Register.
"While it's looking like the final version of Windows 10 for client PCs could ship before the end of the year, it seems data center admins needn't hold their breaths. Microsoft confirmed on Friday that the next version of Windows Server won't arrive until 2016."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Systemd Getting UEFI Boot Loader @ Slashdot
- Intel brings Broadwell to businesses with 5th-gen Core chips with vPro @ The Register
- Raspberry Pi 2 hands-on review video @ The Inquirer
- Trouble comes in threes: Yet ANOTHER Flash 0-day vuln patch looming @ The Register
- Outlook for iOS branded a 'security nightmare' @ The Inquirer
- Ugly, incomplete, buggy: Windows 10 faces a sprint to the finish @ The Register
- TP-Link AV500 2-Port Powerline Network Adapter Kit @ Kitguru
- Microsoft to invest in Android firmware upstart Cyanogen @ The Register
- AEROCOOL Pimp My Rig Competition @ Kitguru
Systemd Getting UEFI Boot
Systemd Getting UEFI Boot Loader @ Slashdot
The presentation was kept in FOSDEM 2015. Videos are not uploaded yet but they will be found from here: http://video.fosdem.org/
While waiting MS Server there are many container project worth to check meanwhile:
Thanks for the updates, I was
Thanks for the updates, I was going to post that but the lack of extra content changed my mind
No problem. It was great to
No problem. It was great to see the news listed on the list. systemd is/has been huge thing couple of years now in Linux world but you rarely see mention about it in big sites like PC Perspective.
Just from the title I knew
Just from the title I knew Jeremy wrote this, is that my sixth sense?