Get your twitch reflexes back to their peak over the next few weeks as the multiplayer beta for the third instalment of StarCraft 2 kicks off on the 31st. On that date you will find out if you are invited to participate in the test and get to see the new units as well as the tweaks that have been applied to existing units. The main page suggests that this episode will focus more on online multiplayer harassment tactics than all out assaults and so units have been altered to reflect that focus. Blizzard also suggests this beta will go for longer than previous ones have so it will still be a while before we see the next chapter in the single player story. You can catch the preview movie at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN.
"Good news if you’ve been waiting to see how Big Stubbly Man and Chitin Stilettos Woman managed to defeat timeless evil once and for all until the next sequel: the third and final chunk of StarCraft II is very much on its way. In fact, beta invites for the Protoss-focused Legacy of the Void are due to go out before the end of the month. “Much has changed” since the last time Blizzard let us have a peek at their void."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Rezzed: Indie gaming shows off its finest @ The Register
- Stalled: Project CARS’ Latest Delay @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Industrial Era: Civ III Switches To Steam From GameSpy @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Steam cyberpunk sale @ Gaben's Wallet
- Wot I Think: Sid Meier’s Starships @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Job Seeking: An Elite Dangerous Career Guide @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Space Hulk Devs Full Control Stopping Making Games @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Warcraft III In Starcraft II Because Why Not? @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN