There have been many stories about Qualcomm's difficulties lately, from the court case with NVIDIA to Samsung and LG not using their Snapdragon 810 for their new smartphones. Qualcomm has struck back at the speculations about problems with this chip that rose from these decisions, pointing out that Microsoft, Xiaomi, Motorola and Sony will all be releasing devices with the Snapdragon 810 in the near future. LG put in their two cents as well, pointing out their decision to use the 808 chip was made over a year ago and they are still planning on utilizing the next generation Snapdragon 820 in the future, not to mention that they use the 810 in their G Flex 2. Samsung has also shown their belief in Qualcomm's products considering they will be fabbing the 820. You can see a short video of an interview with Qualcomm about this topic over at The Register.
"QUALCOMM HAS DEBUNKED chatter that LG ditched its octa-core Snapdragon 810 chip for the G4 owing to overheating problems."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows 10 is now available for the Raspberry Pi 2 @ The Inquirer
- 'Android on Windows': Microsoft tightens noose around neck, climbs on chair @ The Register
- This is Spartan? No, it's Microsoft Edge, Son of Internet Explorer @ The Register
- IBM creates quantum super-conductor in square formation @ The Inquirer
- Disney Replaces Longtime IT Staff With H-1B Workers @ Slashdot
- Using Asus Transfer Express: A Multi-Platform Control Hub @ Kitguru