This morning DigiTimes is reporting on a unconfirmed rumour that AMD's new APU, Godavari, will be arriving towards the end of May of this year. This goes along with the leak that WCCFtech reported on this weekend, they have information that the chip will be a Kaveri design with up to four Steamroller cores, a GCN 1.1 base GPU with up to 512 stream processors and a dual-channel DDR3 memory in an FM2+ socket. If their information is accurate you can expect to see models with 65W or 95W TDPs and boost clocks in the 4GHz range depending on the model. Also worth noting is the rumour that AMD has placed orders with ASMedia Technology for USB 3.1 controller ICs for release in September.
"AMD will launch Godavari series APUs at the end of May to compete with Intel's Broadwell and Skylake platforms, according to Taiwan-based supply chain makers."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Apple Watch RIPPED APART, its GUTS EXPOSED to hungry Vultures @ The Register
- Debian 8.0 'Jessie' arrives following Ubuntu 15.04 release @ The Inquirer
- SoftMaker eyes Microsoft with free office suite for Android tablets @ The Inquirer
- Grooveshark faces $750 MEELLION piracy payout @ The Register
- Tech ARP 2015 Mega Giveaway