Sure, pretending to be a gangster can be fun and the many gameplay videos of GTAV certainly make it look entertaining but it pales in comparison to the over the top chaotic gameplay of the Just Cause series. Watch the trailer below which covers a mix of gameplay, scripted events and cutscenes invoke. Now decide whether destroying a town with your grapple attached to a bus while flying a helicopter seems like more entertainment than using a mod to drop whales across GTAV's landscape. The modding community will certainly develop more interesting things to do in GTAV, then again the JC2 modders helped have the multiplayer version of the chaos simulator. Up to you if you would rather demolish things as a gangster or as a 'liberator'.
Whatever you do remember, only you can stop pre-orders.
"Watching the “gameplay reveal” trailer for Just Cause 3 is like watching the ambitions of every guns, vehicles and explosions game made real. It’s the ludicrously overblown action blockbuster that Uncharted’s scripted events and cutscenes invoke."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Grand Theft Auto V Single GPU Performance @ [H]ard|OCP
- Grand Theft Auto V Review @ Techgage
- Grand Theft Auto V – Shadow Technologies Showdown @HiTech Legion
- GTA V GPU Performance @ eTeknix
- Wot Does Wot: Grand Theft Auto V Graphics Settings Guide @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Up to 77% off – Star Wars Day Celebration on GOG.com!
- Valve Drop Steam Paid Mods For Now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Tables Have Turned: Valve’s Learning A Hard Lesson About Paid Mods @ Techgage
- Gabe Newell, Garry Newman Defend Steam’s Paid Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Over The Top: Verdun Charges Out Of Early Access @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Not Chess – Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Gameplay Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOGUN
- The 50 Best Strategy Games Ever Made @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
I will take a psychotic
I will take a psychotic hillbilly humping a teddybear, a dysfunctional sociopath of a family man and a dog walking thief over Just Cause 2. JC2 is probably fine, to me the trailer is nothing special. Its just explosions. Looks like Michael Bay directed it.